Saturday, May 23, 2009

29 Days till Miss Maryland Week Begins

Hello all! It is so hard to believe that I have less than a month before Miss Maryland Week begins. For a little background to those who don't know, this is my 5th year competing. I competed for 2 years as a teen and this will be my third year in the Miss competition. I am once again so proud to hold the title of Miss Washington County. I have lived here my entire life-born & raised! I wouldn't trade being able to represent this county for anything...

Today was the Sharpsburg Memorial Day Parade. I was blessed to have a 2009 Ford Mustang to ride in, lent to me by Hagerstown Ford. It was about 90 degrees today, so needless to say it was quite warm sitting on the back of the car. I was able to have one of my princesses, Sara Farmer, ride with me today. I have been able to mentor her since my first year in the Miss pageant, which was in 2007. I have not only developed a great relationship with her, but with her entire family!

A small update on my life currently: I just finished my sophomore year at Shenandoah University. The nursing program is going very well and I love being able to work in the clinical setting! At this exact moment I am watching the Shenandoah University Baseball team play in the Division III World Series. I was not able to fly out to Appleton, Wisconsin to watch them play so I am left with my laptop & the online broadcast. Hey, it's better than nothing! I was able to travel to Salisbury, MD last week to see them play in the Regional Tournament.
On another note, my Grandfather has been hospitalized for the last 14 days. The day after I came home from SU, he had a stroke. We have to look at it positively, that he was with my family when it happened. He was in the right place at the right time. He began rehab today and we are very excited about this! He is starting to improve. Please keep him & my family in your prayers!
I am starting to get very excited about Miss Maryland. The gym visits have begun and will stay up through Miss MD week! Wardrobe selections are going well.

I look forward to keep you guys updated throughout the next 29 days!

Whitney Colombo
Miss Washington County

No comments:

Post a Comment