Friday, May 29, 2009

A Month from now Miss MD will be over!!

It's hard to believe that a month from now and Miss MD week will be over!
My Miss MD preparations are in full swing. Yesterday was filled with a visit to the seamstress and working on my dance. I am getting really excited. I have described it this way to a few people: it's too soon, but not soon enough! There is still a lot that needs to be done, but on the other hand I wish I was moving into the hotel tomorrow. Today's schedule consists of the gym, getting my hair trimmed and working on my dance later this evening. Of course, mixed in with everything are all my preparations for "Miss Washington County Zumbathon". I am more than excited about this event. I feel that it is going to be very successful with the help from everyone in the community. That day is not about me or the instructors, it is all about Children's Miracle Network! There are a lot of surprises in store, so I encourage everyone to come out. I am not going to give anything away on here! :-) Remember a $5 donation to have a marathon event of Zumba to benefit Children's Miracle Network--I truly don't know what gets better than that!

An update for those wondering: my Grandfather is doing much better! He is currently doing rehabilitation at Washington County Hospital. He is really enjoying the people there and the care he is receiving! He is truly a cat with 9 lives and we are so lucky that he was with the family when he had his stroke. It was a sign from God that he was meant to "be okay" in the long run!

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and continued support of myself and my family!
Remember, Audi (my little sister) is Miss Washington County's Outstanding Teen! Our family is so excited to have "real-life" sisters and "pageant" sisters all in one!

Love,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment