Sunday, June 28, 2009

And so my year as Miss Washington County continues...


Sorry for not being able to update during Miss MD week, but it was extremely hechtic! I had a fabulous time-this being my 3rd year competing for the title I will have to say that this year was the best ever!!! There were 18 other talented, beautiful and intelligent young women. When we were together, we were complete goofballs & that is what made the week so memorable. I was blessed for the 3rd year to place as a Top Ten Semi-Finalist!! Not only was it an honor to represent Washington County and have all of the Miss and Teen contestants in my county to compete, but to place in the Top Ten! There is not one thing about this week that I would change. I know that I went into the week being the most prepared and ready that I ever have been. In all honesty, it wasn't even about the competition. Going into the week knowing that I had raised over $1200 for Children's Miracle Network was in the back of my head all week! I was lucky enough to have four wonderful Princesses: Sara and Madison(my niece) have been with me for all 3 years and this year Riley and Jessica were added to my "entourage". Jessica was the little girl who was at my Zumbathon as the Miracle Child for Washington D.C.

I had a wonderful week complete with an amazing cheering section, fabulously supportive friends and family and of course by finishing as a Top Ten Semi-Finalist!!

I look forward to the rest of my year as Miss Washington County 2009!

A special Congratulations goes to my sister and Miss Washington County's Outstanding Teen, Audi, as she finished as 3rd Runner Up to Miss Maryland's Outstanding Teen 2009!!

:-)
P.S. This picture was in the paper last Sunday. There was an article showcasing the local contestants competing!

No comments:

Post a Comment