Sunday, June 14, 2009

One week till Miss Maryland Week 2009!


Things have been extremely hechtic here since the Zumbathon...

Last week was all Miss Maryland preparations! We have a lot accomplished, but there is still a lot to do in the next 6 days...I had three appearances yesterday. I started the day off at the Walk Me Home event for Washington County Foster Care and Adoptive Children. It was such a nice morning, especially because Jaime Fox was there. She was Miss Maryland 1997-that was my first year ever being involved in the Miss Maryland Organization! It is so great how things have come full circle from her competing and I was just appearing on stage at the age of 7 for my dance company, to now I am a Miss titleholder! I was able to do some face painting that morning-I am NOT the greatest artist, but I will have to say that I was quite impressed with my fancy artwork! HA HA--thank goodness for the step-by-step how to book! After that I went to the Hagerstown Airport Aviation Museum's "Wings and Wheels". I was able to go up in a small plane for a ride--I was even able to fly the plane! :-) Then I presented 41 trophies for different awards they were giving out. It went very well and I had an experience of a lifetime! I finished up my Saturday at the LuHowl for the Humane Society of Washington County. The Luau theme was great--my mom made my outfit from fabric that was originally from Hawaii 30 years ago. There was great food, prizes, music and people. I met a lot of amazing people who became friends! Today I went to the "Kruisers for Kids" at the Washington County Ag Center. The money raised benefited 2 teenagers at Williamsport that have been diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma. It was a very well-organized event that had everything you could possibly think of. I mingled with the large crowd for most of the day-even got to ride a horse & attempt to climb a rock wall. It was also back to face painting for about an hour and a half!

I had a fabulous weekend, but I am also excited to be sitting down for a few minutes before it's back to Miss MD prep! One week! :-)

Love,

Whitney

P.S. For the year, I have raised over $1000 for Children's Miracle Network!!

No comments:

Post a Comment